Be Cool: Recipe For Homemade Salad
I love salads.
Salads cool me down 🙂
It is also one of the healthiest food items that could be made at home easily. You could have this during summer, winter or rainy season. If you are planning to lose weight then this is the tastiest option for you. However, it is better that you don’t limit your daily food on salad alone. If you have two slices of bread or other roti items after having salad then you are full for the time.
What you need 🙂
- Chilli Powder (optional)
- Vinegar (optional)
- Green chilli
- Jalapeno (optional)
How to do 😛
- Cut the vegetables according to your preference, but it is recommended that you slice it into long thin strips. Cut the carrot, onion, tomato, capsicum, and cucumber into strips.
- Cut the lettuce into smaller pieces.
- Squeeze off the lemon juice and pour it over the vegetables. Don’t add excess juice as it might taste too sour. You can add vinegar instead of lemon but lemon is a tastier choice.
- Mix the vegetables well along with the juice. Don’t squeeze the vegetables hard so that it doesn’t lose the crispiness.
- Then a teaspoon of salt over the vegetables and a pinch (or based on your preference) of pepper or chili powder.
- Mix it well.
- You can add olives or Jalapenos. If you are adding jalapeno then it is better to avoid green chili.
- You can decorate the salad with bigger pieces of vegetables.
You can have the salad with Bread/butter or a soup.
Featured image source: NDTV